Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) is an input method that allows users to enter Chinese characters by drawing them on the screen. It was first developed in the early 1990s and has since become one of the most popular input methods for Chinese characters.
The latest Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) Andorid App Summary
Conway (yawnoc) has developed the Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) for Android. You can find it under the Productivity category on Play Store. Since its inception, Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) has got over 384+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 0.0 rating and the latest version of it is null
The latest update of Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) is Aug 2, 2022 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) App Overview and Details
This keyboard app lets you input Chinese characters by typing stroke sequences (e.g. 天 is ㇐㇐㇒㇔).
It is a minimalist implementation with the following features:
* Good character support (over 28k characters) including vernacular Cantonese
* User preference for traditional or simplified characters
* No ads
* No permissions
* No tracking or telemetry
* Deterministic candidate generation which doesn’t learn user input
After installing the app, launch and follow the prompts to enable Stroke Input Method in your system settings. There will be a default warning shown — this is normal.
This app is free and open-source software, licensed under the GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL-3.0-only).
You are welcome and encouraged to inspect the source code: https://github.com/stroke-input/stroke-input-android
Features of Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) for PC
1. Over 28,000 character support
2. Traditional or simplified character preference
3. No ads
4. No permissions
5. No tracking or telemetry
6. Deterministic candidate generation
7. Open-source software
8. GPL-3.0-only license
9. Inspect source code
Install “Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法)” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法).
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Conway (yawnoc)|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Aug 2, 2022|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法)?
* Fixed stroke sequence for U+8389 莉
Many thanks to Alex for reporting. Apologies for the delay.
After using the Stroke Input Method for a while, I have found that it is a very efficient way to input text. The characters are easy to type and the software is very accurate. I would definitely recommend this application to anyone who wants an easy and accurate way to input text.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法) and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at allinonejunction, we also don’t use our own server to download the Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法). We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the Stroke Input Method (筆畫輸入法).
If you have any query about the app or about allinonejunction, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.